Chama Documentation Revolutionized
Most of us belong to an investment club, company, chama or a simple table banking group. This is a way of life and one which has enabled individual as well as group economic and social growth.
From the former informal group, today we boast of laws that have enabled us to formalize the engagement within the group as well as modes of operations.
I will however talk about documentation and how you can improve management of documents and records in the Chama.
What are the records kept by the investment clubs and chamas:
- Registration Documents for the Chama/Investment Club
- Registration form for all Members joining
- Reports by the Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary
- Reports by the different committees
- Copies of any investments bought
- Contracts entered into
- Bank Statements
- Next of KIN Documents
- Annual Financial Statements
Traditionally the records management of the chama and investment clubs was left to the Secretary and to an extent the office.
Most of the Investment Clubs and Chamas have no physical offices, hence trusting the office bearers to keep copies of the records and originals.
As the world embraces technology, its time Chamas and investment clubs embraced the Document Management Solutions as a mode of document storage.
For starters, the electronic records management not only enables secure storage of the records, but also ensures that there is easy access, centralized storage and also authenticity of the same records.
eChama Documents Management Solution is a customized system enabling your Chama/Investment Club to scan and store documents electronically as well as embrace evoting for inclusion of all Members.
Questions each Chama Members should ask?
- How safe are the records?
- What ensures the authenticity of the documents isn’t tampered with?
- Would the organization survive in the absence of the Secretary?
- How easy is it to access any documentation?
The System is available for site deployment or the cloud access set up. For more information, contact email@example.com
(Article done by Simon Gichuki, you may reach him via firstname.lastname@example.org)