Business Development Executives
Job Description: Business Development Executive
Job Location: Nakuru, Meru, Mombasa
Reporting to: Sales and Marketing Head
Job Travel Needs: Frequent Travel, More than 50%
The successful applicant for this role will be a commercially experienced individual with a proven ability to establish and manage networks, identify and drive new business opportunities and achieve overall sales and revenue goals within a defined business line. This will involve actualizing new customer acquisitions, and upselling in initiatives to existing customers in Kenya.
• Key role in high-level planning for marketing strategies.
• Overall responsibility for driving the research & deliver intelligence that will inform proposition development or Private and Public Sector in Kenya
• Build and manage a network of BFSI, Private Sector, Counties, and National Government
• Coordinate support marketing strategies, support, and execution.
• Develop and maintain key performance indicators for new business.
• Responsible for developing & deploying business propositions that will convert to revenue.
• Overall responsibility to offer back-office support to the sales leads. This will involve preparing quotations, price negotiation documents
• Overall responsibility for account management activity supporting the business leads. This will involve managing customer escalations, and providing management information and reports.
• Cover for the Manager as and when required
• Closure of sales project activities within the approved timeline
• Revenue realization per sales vertical
• Relationship Management score
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Records and Information Management field is an added advantage
• 3/4years’ experience in selling products in the consulting field.Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
• Experience in selling in East African market will be an advantage.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy Ability to work with teams, strong interpersonal skills enabling connects with people at vario us levels of seniority.
• Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits.
Knowledge and Skills
• Capacity to innovate, creating new processes and structures across governments.
• Ability to manage inventory and stock across multiple regions.
• Ability to lead planning and execution for national marketing strategy.
• Knowledge of the local business environment, particularly in financial services, mobile money or telecoms industries.
• Ability to build and manage relations at all levels both within the company and outside with medium-sized entrepreneurs.
• Excellent computer literacy and communication skills.
• Affinity towards entrepreneurship, understanding potential benefits of mobile technology to low-income people.
• English and Kiswahili fluency
The position attracts a Salary plus Commission
Kindly send your CV (in PDF) with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us by CoB 16th December 2022
*Please note that only the shortlisted persons shall be contacted.