ICA 2022 Webinar Hosted by RIMEA
Since the first International Archives Day in 2009, ICA has expanded the event to an entire week. During International Archives Week (IAW), organizations worldwide share their events and participate alongside ICA to promote the value and importance of archives and archivists.
This 2022, the International Archives Day is on the 9th of June 2022.
The objectives of the International Archives Day and International Archives Week, are to:
- Raise public awareness of the importance of records and archives;
- Raise awareness among senior decision-makers of the benefits of records management for good governance and development;
- Improve the public, private and public sectors’ understanding of the necessity of long-term archival preservation and access;
- Showcase the unique, extraordinary, and rare documents preserved in archival institutions; and
- Advance the image of records and archives to enhance their visibility globally.
The mission of the International Council on Archives (ICA) is to promote the preservation and use of archives around the world. In pursuing this mission, ICA works for the protection and enhancement of the memory of the world and to improve communication while respecting cultural diversity
East Africa Professionals are invited to the ICA Webinar 2022 hosted by RIMEA
Presentations shall be made by Representatives from various organizations.
To register click here: Webinar Registration